miércoles, 29 de octubre de 2014

That illness again

“Why do you want to give yourself up?”
“I’ve come to my senses,” Foyle answered bitterly.
“I don’t mean that. A criminal never surrenders while he’s ahead. You’re obviously ahead. What’s the reason?”
“The most damnable thing that ever happened to a man. I picked up a rare disease called conscience.”
Sheffield snorted. “That can often turn fatal.”
“It is fatal. I’ve realized that I’ve been behaving like an animal.”
“And now you want to purge yourself.?”.
“.No, it isn’t that simple,” Foyle said grimly. “That’s way I’ve come to you...for major surgery. The man who upsets the morphology of society is a cancer. The man who gives his own decisions priority over society is a criminal. But there are chain reactions. Purging yourself with punishment isn’t enough. Everything’s got to be set right.

The Stars My Destination, chapter fourteen - Alfred Bester

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario