viernes, 16 de enero de 2015

TeleHiveMind

“So what are the directions in evolution?” I asked. “Toward greater intelligence? Toward some sort of godlike hive mind?” I was curious about her perception of the Lions and Tigers and Bears.
 “Hive mind,” said Aenea. “Ugghh. Can you conceive of anything more boring or distasteful?” I said nothing. I had rather imagined that this was the direction of her teachings about learning the language of the dead and all that. I made a note to listen better the next time she taught. “Almost everything interesting in the human experience is the result of an individual experiencing, experimenting, explaining, and sharing,” said my young friend. “A hive mind would be the ancient television broadcasts, or life at the height of the datasphere … consensual idiocy.

The Rise of Endymion, chapter 21 - Dan Simmons

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario